I bought my first SLR almost 5 years ago. Just after my son was born. My wife and I wanted to capture every step of our son’s growth in hi-definetion! Needless to say, I have used the camera to document things beyond my family.
This is what I use –
1. Canon 550D (that’s all we could afford)
2. Canon 18 mm- 55 mm Kit lens
3. Canon 55 mm – 250 mm lens (I owned this for a while before I gave it way for a Sigma. I’m still not sure if this was a good decison.)
4. Canon 100 mm prime macro lens
5. Sigma 150 mm – 500 mm lens
6. I extensively use a Manfrotto mono pod
7. External TTL flash (mostly for macro photography)
8. Adaptor for lens reversal (only for macro photography)
9. A lowepro bag for carrying all the gear
10 . Nikon Action 10×50 binoculor
A note on post processing and software use – I do not own Photoshop. Most of my post processing is very basic (to adjust brightness, contrast or crop). This I do using Digital photo professional, the default software that comes along with a Canon DSLR.